We're excited to announce a new training and network programme for booksellers and the wider bookselling industry
‘Resilience, Innovation and Sustainability for the Enhancement of Bookselling’, or RISE Bookselling in short, is a three-year, EU co-funded programme, aiming to upscale, reinforce and maximise the capacity and resilience of the European bookselling sector, by helping bookshops innovate and stay up to date with modern technologies while ensuring their long-term sustainability.
Organized by the European and International Booksellers Federation (EIBF), and jointly funded together with the Creative Europe programme of the European Commission, RISE Bookselling aims to help booksellers acquire skills, tools and resources to ensure they are properly equipped to support the ongoing transformation of the bookselling sector.
Overview of activities
• Join the thematic webinars and trainings
• Host and visit bookseller colleagues from all over the world through the Booksellers Exchange Programme
• Attend the RISE Bookselling Conference
• Read the Industry Insight reports
• Visit international sector events, such as the Frankfurt Book Fair, Rencontres nationales de la librairie or Bologna Book Fair, sponsored by RISE Bookselling programme
• Support the advocacy outreach campaigns highlighting the importance of the book sector
How to get involved
Interested in hosting booksellers from a different country in your shop? Want to participate in a webinar? Curious to attend a bookselling conference?
Get in touch with your national booksellers association and express your interest in joining RISE Bookselling!
Find out more here.
For more information contact Jasmina Kanuric.