The Association of Book Distributors of Independent States (ASKR) was founded on October 18, 1990.
The Association is a voluntary independent professional organization uniting bookselling enterprises and publishing houses, irrespective of their form of ownership, as well as various organizations that promote book publishing and book distribution.
• protection of legal rights and professional interests of ASKR members, workers of book trade and book publishing;
• creation of conditions for the most effective activity of book-selling enterprises and publishing houses, strengthening the influence on the subject and circulation of books;
• information and methodological services to members of the Association, conducting research in the industry;
• development of international book exchange and cooperation with foreign partners
• improving, on a mutually beneficial basis, business relations of bookselling enterprises, publishing houses and other book participants;
• holding book fairs, exhibitions, seminars, international meetings on the publication and distribution of books;
The Association brings together about 200 professional organizations from the Russian Federation, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and other CIS countries.